Friday, September 16, 2011

Appalachian Trail To Wind Gap, Pennsylvania

Today we hiked 6 miles from the Katellen Trail to Wind Gap along the Appalachian Trail. It was a clear and slightly cool day, absolutely perfect weather for hiking. I had the pleasure of introducing my friend from Connecticut to Pennsylvania's lovely, ankle strengthening, rocky trails!


We hiked .9 miles up the Katellen Trail. Now we were ready to hike along the ridge to Wind Gap. We had beautiful outlooks on both sides of the ridge.
 

 First of many beautiful outlooks


I saw a lot of mushrooms on the trail, evidence of the wet weather we've had lately.


More interesting fungus...


Another overlook


Clear skies and late Summer weather


Back at the trail head in Wind Gap!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

I'm glad that you and your friend had a good hike, Ann.

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Anne, I meant to add, isn't the cooler weather nice to finally get here for being outdoors? Art

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Art, Thanks! Yes, we had a fantastic time and I love the cooler weather for hiking!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger mariajcav said...

Hi Anne,
Not sure if you will get this since the last post here was from 1 year ago!! I would like to leave my car parked at the lot in the game lands where the Katellen Trail leads up for about 1 mile(?) to the AT. We are planning to do a hike in the opposite direction as yours...starting in Wind Gap then exiting down the Katellen Trail to our car. Where did you park to access the Katellen trail?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Maria,
My memory is not very good for these sort of things, but if I remember correctly there was a little tiny parking lot (5, 6 cars maybe) right at the start of the trail. It was right off the main road (whichever one that was!). If you look at my last picture, that was right in front of that little parking lot. You can see how it is directly off the road. Good luck! Wish I could be more specific!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter