Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sunfish Pond Delaware Water Gap

Today we hiked the Dunnfield Trail to Sunfish Pond and then took the Appalachian Trail back. It was a beautiful, hot and sunny day, temperatures in the high eighties. This is one of my favorite hikes in the area.

First glimpse of Sunfish Pond, a glacial lake in the Delaware Water Gap.

Red-faced from hiking up Dunnfield Trail. It was a hot day requiring plenty of water! Luckily, I remembered to freeze my water bottles the night before so I had a refreshing cold drink for most of the day.

My favorite view of Sunfish Pond from our lunch stop.

Relaxed and happy after lunch

Oh look, a rock garden! Let's add some more!

Ta da!!!

Pretty!

We hiked around Sunfish Pond with many serene views such as this, and then back along the Appalachian Trail.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're about .1 miles from the first letterbox I ever placed. :D

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That's great! I didn't know it was such a historic area! :-)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Very pretty, and it looks like a great day for a hike. Art

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art, it was great!
Anne

 
At 9:52 AM, Anonymous Hannah said...

What gorgeous scenery, this makes me want to get outside and go hiking, too. And trust me, I -don't- hike, ever!

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I really hope you enjoy both cookbooks- Happy Baking! :)

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks so much Hannah! I love both cookbooks, can't wait to try some of those wonderful recipes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter