Sunday, June 12, 2011

Monocacy Nature Trail Bethlehem

Today we hiked the Monocacy Nature Trail from Illicks Mill along the creek to Burnside Plantation, through Historic Bethlehem to the Lehigh River, and then through some pretty neighborhoods in Bethlehem back to the Mill. Although today was cooler than earlier in the week, it was still a warm, muggy day. We made a refreshing stop for some ice cream in Bethlehem midway through the hike.

Walking along the Monocacy. There was lots of poison ivy on these trails. I took a long shower using Fels-Naptha when I got home, I will know tomorrow if that was enough of a preventative...

Some of the trail was along railroad tracks.

Along the Monocacy

Barn at Burnside Plantation

Home and gardens at Burnside Plantation

5 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a sweet hike!

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Yes, it was fun!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Hi Anne - that looks wonderful, and of course, any trip that involves ice cream is extra special. With my very sore foot I am going to hike vicariously through you for now, so thanks for sharing your hike and your beautiful photos. Art

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art. I hope your foot recovers very soon and that you are out there hiking when you are able. In the meantime, if I ever have another ice cream hike, I will make sure to eat an extra scoop for you! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anne

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Thanks Anne - I am smiling thinking of you having an extra scoop of ice cream on my behalf! Go for it! Thanks for the well wishes. Art

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter