Friday, July 25, 2008

The Last Lecture

Many of you have heard of the The Last Lecture, a speech delivered by Carnegie Mellon professor Randy Pausch, who at the time was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. In his speech, he tells of his life lessons learned, in order to share a bit of encouragement, but most importantly, to leave a legacy for his children.

Sadly, Randy lost his nearly two year battle with cancer today. My heart goes out to his wife and children. If you are at all inclined to, say an extra prayer for Jai Pausch and her children tonight, or think a good thought for their future...


He is the Compassionate, the All-Bountiful! O God, my God! Thou seest me, Thou knowest me; Thou art my Haven and my Refuge. None have I sought nor any will I seek save Thee; no path have I trodden nor any will I tread but the path of Thy love. In the darksome night of despair, my eye turneth expectant and full of hope to the morn of Thy boundless favor and at the hour of dawn my drooping soul is refreshed and strengthened in remembrance of Thy beauty and perfection. He whom the grace of Thy mercy aideth, though he be but a drop, shall become the boundless ocean, and the merest atom which the outpouring of Thy loving-kindness assisteth, shall shine even as the radiant star.

—‘Abdu’l-Bahá

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Amen! He was an inspirational man, and it is so sad for his family. We can all learn a lot from him.
Art

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter