Sunday, July 20, 2008

July is Dressed Up and Playing Her Tune

Ah, July!!!!! The temperature is in the mid nineties, the sun is searingly hot, and the air is still.

When I checked the garden in the morning, it seemed like it had suddenly transformed into a small patch of jungle. Who knew the pale green fragile cucumber I had planted in May would overtake most of a patch of garden by mid July? I found amazon sized cucumbers ready to fall off the vine. Even the eggplant looks promising. And, most amazingly, I harvested the first juicy tomato of summer! Lunch was a delicious tomato and veggie "bacon" sandwich with an icy nectarine tangerine smoothie. I love the tastes of mid summer!

It was a perfect afternoon to spend lounging by the pool. I read "To Kill a Mockingbird", my latest book club selection, and occasionally did some laps to cool off and get some exercise.


I love these beautiful bright days of July!

Sweet days of summer, the jasmine's in bloom
July is dressed up and playing her tune


Summer breeze, makes me feel fine
Blowing through the jasmine in my mind
-Seals and Crofts

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I love that song. But I'm trying to remember what jasmine smells like--specifically if it's that spicy-sweet smell I smell in open fields at the edge of town (and even the occasional weed-strewn vacant lot.)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Steve,
I'm not sure, I don't think I could actually pick out the smell of jasmine. I might have to look for some jasmine soon!
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter