Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Perfect Day for Gardening

This morning was bright and breezy, a perfect day to start the vegetable garden. Every year I put in too many plants, and by late summer I am overrun by tomatoes and other vegetables. This year will probably be no exception. The plants just look so small and fragile when I put them in, I feel like I need to plant more! This year I put in three tomato plants, one grape tomato plant, one pimento, one yellow pepper, two eggplants, one cucumber, and two basil plants. Last year's lavender and oregano are coming up also. I put the plants in, gave them a good watering, and late afternoon it rained a bit too. I hope they're off to a good start!

A few of my little treasures.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter