Sunday, January 27, 2008

Late Afternoon in Trexler Park

I am sometimes quite content to cocoon in my home in the depth of winter. Occasionally, the stark beauty of a frozen landscape does not hold as much appeal as the warmth of a fire, a good book, and a pot of hot coffee. But, today, as the temperatures climbed into the balmy mid thirties, once again I was drawn to the beauty of the outdoors, so I went for a late afternoon walk in Trexler Park in Allentown. Very quickly I was rewarded with the sight of a red bellied woodpecker foraging for insects in a tree and a blue grey nuthatch regarding me with curiosity from a nearby branch.


Late afternoon sun casting long shadows on a blanket of pine needles

Winter reflections in the chilly stream

Bare branches provide for interesting patterns against a winter sky

3 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Kamilla said...

That looks beautiful, Anne! Thanks for sharing your photos.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Kamilla! So glad you enjoyed them!
Anne

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger child_of_africa said...

hi anne,

thanks for the comment :) i love your blog. I am going to add it to my google reader subscription list. i also recognize you from baha'i communities. i will add you as a friend there.

coa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter