Saturday, January 14, 2012

Conditioning Hike at Valley Forge National Park

I had a wonderful ten mile hike at Valley Forge National Park on Saturday. Hiked up and over Mount Misery, up and over Mount Joy, all around the park, and up and over Mount Misery again! It was a cold day, but with all the elevation change and a brisk pace, I stayed nice and warm. This wasn't a "take pretty pictures of beautiful nature" hike, it was a "get in condition for Spring hiking" hike, nevertheless, here are a few shots to remember the day:

Pretty creek

Keeping watch over the fields

4 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Misery and Joy - two things that don't usually go together. Sounds more joyful than miserable, but then, I never camped there for the winter. 10 miles - good for you!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks Art! I went with a hiking group, that helps me to stay motivated (otherwise I would have been tempted to stop much earlier!). It was a fun day!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Yep, a group helps keep you moving. I know when I am doing run training, even 5 miles by myself often crawls by, 8 or 9 with someone to chat with moves right along. On a long hike, once you get so far and the only way back is on your own two feet, then you really have no choice, do you? Art

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Art, yes, that's so true! That's why it works! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter