Saturday, December 04, 2010

Mount Minsi Delaware Water Gap

Today was a cold and windy day for a hike up Mount Minsi at the Delaware Water Gap. We started out bundled up for maximum cold, and then as we hiked up the elevation it was "layers on, layers off" as we alternated between uphill hiking and breaks to enjoy the beautiful view.

Looking over the Delaware River

A view of Mount Tammany

We found a beautiful place to enjoy lunch. We were sheltered from the wind, and the warm sun allowed for a comfortable break with scenic views of the Delaware River and both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

A charming little pond encircled by rhododendrons and walking paths. Mount Minsi has an abundance of beautiful foliage even in late Fall, with hemlock groves and rhododendron lined trails.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Scott Axford said...

Beautiful pictures. Used to live in Pa. I remembered fall being the most beautiful time, but I couldn't see it in my mind's eye anymore. Till now. I'm a Bahai living in interior Alaska. The country is the place of the spirit.

What kind of camera do you use?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Scott, Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad you liked my photos! I have heard from many people that Alaska is absolutely gorgeous. I have never been there myself, but would like to see it some day.
Yes, I agree, the country is the home of the spirit, I find nature to be very inspirational.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Scott, forgot to answer your question! I have a Canon Rebel SLR that I use for many of my shots (i.e. Acadia, Yosemite), but when I'm hiking locally I don't always like to carry around a heavy camera, so I just use a Canon Power Shot. So far I've been very happy with it!

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

I love that saying: "The country is the place of the spirit!" I've never head that. I enjoyed your photos and hike description, Anne. And I will attest that Alaska - the scenary, the vastness, the wildlife - is simply incredible. I wish for you a Merry Christmas, Anne. Art

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Art,
Thanks so much. I looked up the full quote and found it:
"The country is the world of the soul, the city is the world of bodies" (http://reference.bahai.org/en/t/o/BNE/bne-37.html)

Yes, I hope to see Alaska some day. Your pictures were stunning.

Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!!!
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter