Saturday, June 13, 2009

Peace Valley Park, Bucks County

Today we had a picnic at scenic Peace Valley Park in Bucks County. The day started out bright and warm, but by early afternoon some storm clouds were gathering. After lunch we took a walk around the lake and watched the clouds begin to roll in. Soft raindrops began to fall as we finished our walk, but we reached the pavilion before the heavy downpour. It was beautiful watching the clouds travel across the sky from the safety of our shelter, and several times we were treated to the return of some warm sunshine.

Beautiful Lake Galena

Spring means new life

A tranquil scene

Ominous clouds roll in

Colorful kayaks and canoes

I thought this tree looked inviting. I put a very light glass filter on it to give the appearance of a rainy day.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Jim Hutchings said...

Hey cool! I used to live about 5 minutes from that park! I'd take my bike there regularly to ride around the lake. I also learned how to sail a sunfish with my grandfather there. Very good times!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Great! It's a fabulous park! It would be nice to bike around the lake. I wish we had a better day so we could do some canoeing, but sometimes it's pretty to watch storm clouds blowing in (from a dry pavilion of course!)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love Peace Valley Park, which also has a great nature center, and Lake Galena. I especially like seeing (and smelling) the barbeque gatherings of all the expatriate communities represented. I ran a race around the lake two weeks ago to raise funds for autism.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Anne said...

That's great! Peace Valley would be a wonderful place to run. Lake Galena is beautiful. I haven't been to the nature center in years, but I'll have to pay it a visit soon.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Samm said...

I really like that picture you have of the clouds rolling in :]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter