Sunday, March 22, 2009

Welcoming Spring Philadelphia Style

We enjoyed this first beautiful Sunday in Spring walking in Fairmount Park along the Schuylkill River. Rowers were on the river enjoying the mild weather and sunshine. Later in the afternoon, we strolled through the Philadelphia Art Museum.

I always look forward to seeing this first harbinger of Spring.

I was surprised to see beautiful blossoming trees so early.

Pink flowers adorning this branch

Nandi, Shiva's faithful companion, from India

I loved these charming miniature deer from Japan.

Beautiful screen of a fox, from Japan

Avalokiteshvara from Southeast Asia

Madonna and Child, flanked by two saints

Madonna and Child. I love the colors on this painting.

The Japanese Footbridge and the Water Lily Pool, Giverny by Claude Monet

Still Life: Vase with Twelve Sunflowers, by Vincent van Gogh

3 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Beautiful creations - by nature and by humankind.

Isn't spring wonderful??? :) Art

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

PS: I have always loved crocuses, for that very reason - the earliest flower of spring in these parts! I love seeing them, have since I was a little tyke!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Art, Yes, I love seeing crocuses too!!!!! A sure sign that Spring has arrived!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter