Saturday, April 05, 2008

Spring Fever

This morning the sky looked like it would rain any minute. Towards afternoon, although the air was still a bit brisk, the skies cleared a bit and it seemed like a good time to lace up the hiking boots and get out on the trail. I wanted to go somewhere close by, so I chose Hawk Mountain in Kempton, Pennsylvania. Although it's still a bit early for the Spring Hawk migration, the early migrants are starting to travel and the official Hawk count began April 1. I was not lucky enough to see many migrating birds, but it felt good to be outside in the woods again. The woods are still brown and colorless, but early buds are starting to appear and Spring energy is in the air. I believe I may have caught a bit of Spring fever myself!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter