Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ah, Spring!!!!

It is finally warm enough and light enough after work to go for a walk on the rail trail and break in the new hiking boots. The signs of Spring are showing up everywhere, buds and blossoms, flowers, birds cheerfully announcing their territory.


I was also fortunate enough to find at my library the brand new collection of short stories from Jhumpa Lahiri, Unaccustomed Earth. I am always captivated by her stories of love, family, culture, diversity, and change. I am looking forward to many hours of being immersed in the lives of the characters in her tales.


And, finally, for dinner, I made a fragrant baked tofu with kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and herbs inspired by Dreena Burton's recipe, herbed rice pilaf, and a green salad with red beets, avocado, crunchy sprouts and sesame dressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter