Tuesday, November 13, 2007

An Evening at Moravian College

Tonight I went to a Student Alumni Networking Reception held at my Alma Mater, Moravian College. This event was set up to allow Moravian grads to talk to students who are about to embark on their new career path. I graduated with a degree in Psychology and Religion (yes, I was fascinated by the meaning of life and the depths of the human psyche even back then), and made a career transition into software development. So I was able to encourage the students to get a solid education, keep an open mind, continue their lifelong education and development, and explore the possibilities open to them. I also had a chance to connect with the Moravian Alumni Association. I really enjoyed it. Afterwards, I wandered around the campus, camera in hand, feeling nostalgic. Night shots are difficult to come by, but I managed to get a few pictures of the Moravian Chapel lit from within.

Looking into Moravian Chapel Comenius Hall

Stained glass window detail

Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value. Education can, alone, cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit therefrom.
--Baha'u'llah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter