Sunday, February 28, 2010

Picasso and the Avant-Garde in Paris

Self-Portrait with Palette, Pablo Picasso, 1906

Three Musicians, Pablo Picasso, 1921

On Friday I enjoyed the new exhibit "Picasso and the Avant-Garde in Paris", showcasing Picasso's work between 1905 and 1945 and the artists he influenced. I learned about the history and development of Cubism and later Surrealism, the cultural influences, the major artists, the philosophy behind the art, and of course the contribution of Pablo Picasso. The exhibit was well designed and informative. It runs at the Philadelphia Museum of Art until April 25, 2010, so if you're in the area, make sure you get a ticket to see this beautiful exhibit.

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger o2bhiking said...

Sounds good, Anne. I once saw a Picasso exhibition in Switzerland, but this is a bit closer. I have not been to that museum in so many years. I hope to do a race in Philly, my home town, some day, and if I do, you know I will have to run up the steps to the Art Museum, Rocky-style! :) Art

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Art,
Yes, you will definitely have to visit the museum, you would really enjoy it. And, of course, the Rocky step run is required!
:-)
Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter