Saturday, December 08, 2007

Baby It's Cold Outside

Christmas songs are one my favorite categories of music. Although difficult to choose, if I had to offer only one as my favorite I would pick The Little Drummer Boy. I love the idea of the drummer boy only having his humble talent to offer the Christ Child, but he offers it up with his entire heart and is rewarded with the Holy Child smiling at him, and His Blessed Mother acknowledging the gift. Other favorites of mine include Joy to the World, Hark the Herald Angels Sing, What Child Is This, The First Noel, O Come All Ye Faithful, and of course in tribute to my beloved home town, O Little Town of Bethlehem.

My favorite more contemporary song is James Taylor's charmingly endearing rendition of Baby It's Cold Outside with Natalie Cole. I am, after all, just an old fashioned romantic girl at heart.

Anyone else want to share some favorites?

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Ted Marshall said...

I've always loved Silent Night. And The First Noel.

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh Come, Oh Come Emanuel"
"Gaudete" (especially by Mediaeval Baebes)
"Go Tell it on the Mountain" of course!
"Last Month of the Year" by the Blind Boys of Alabama

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Free Counter